Re: info2www, dwww install problem

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> Lawrence Chim:
> > when install info2www and dwww, they said that they cannot
> > find the httpd.  I think it is because I am using apache
> > and http daemon name is apache rather than httpd.
> >
> > Is is a install script problem?  or a file dependancy problem?
>
> The names of the Apache server executable file and the default
> locations of the server's HTML directory and cgi-bin directory
> changed with 1.1.1. The Debian package I have (1.1.1-5) does
> not install cleanly and does not work, and I haven't been able
> to test my fixes for dwww and info2www. I'm working on it.

i had a look at the postinst scripts for both dwww and info2www yesterday
after i had the same problem.

The bug is actually a typo.  In the apache section of your .postinst
scripts you had "foundhttp=yes" instead of "foundhttpd=yes".  I.E. you
missed the final "d".

I edited the postinst scripts with vi and they work fine now.

BTW, I'm using them with apache 1.1.1 with no problems.

Craig