problems with maelstrom

I have installed svgalib1, svgalib1-bin, and maelstrom packages. However
when I try to run maelstrom I get the following message:

VGA_FrameBuffer: requested mode not supported

(or something like that)

anyway I have an ARK Logic 2000PV so it SHOULD be supported (Maelstrom
only uses 320x200 ). What's going on? I checked /etc/vga and the config
file, and I couldn't find anything wrong... I can post it if anyone thinks
it will help.

Thanks, Chris.

===
Chris R. Martin              email: chrism@asic.sc.ti.com