Re: Swap partition and fdisk

Hmm...you might also want to start making a swapfile and see
if you use it.  (they're easy and convenient, and if you never [rarely]
swap, there's no performance hit).

Running 16 Mbytes with X and software development will cause swap, figure
about 16 Mbytes
of swap.

If you have space on your system, I run swap in extended partitions and
use this swap space for both win95 and linux...(I need to right up
what I'm doing).

The last time I ran out of VM was with 1.1* and it caused nasty things
to happen...make sure you don't run out of space (don't know how we
error recover any more).

Of course, ram is so cheap now, you can get another 16 Mbyte for about $120
tops.

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com