Re: Which option gets ide-cd into my kernel?

|"Just tried installing linux from Infomagics LDR 6CD set it reconises my
|"Creative Labs CD-ROM on boot but there appears to be no driver for it -
|"presumably dselect wants hd1 for the CD-ROM, but in the /dev directory
|"there is no ide-cd which it presumably needs.  All advice will be
|"appreciated - am tearing my hair out at the moment.

It might be /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd. Try making a symbolic link /dev/cdrom, or
check with dmesg whether it actually gets detected.

Ronald van Loon (ronald@and.nl)