Which option gets ide-cd into my kernel?

Just tried installing linux from Infomagics LDR 6CD set it reconises my
Creative Labs CD-ROM on boot but there appears to be no driver for it -
presumably dselect wants hd1 for the CD-ROM, but in the /dev directory
there is no ide-cd which it presumably needs.  All advice will be
appreciated - am tearing my hair out at the moment.

Cheers

Zeb.

Zebedee Mason, Thermo Fluid Mechanics Research Centre, School of Engineering,
University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QT, United Kingdom.
mailto:Z.W.T.Mason@sussex.ac.uk