xemacs support

I have installed xemacs a couple of times now, (without the xemacs
support package) and as long as I have installed all it's dependencies
like compface, libjpeg, libpngl, and zlibl everything went very well.

The xemacs support package size is formidable (over 12 meg). I have
been a little apprehensive in letting dpkg uncompress it into something
possibly much larger, especially since I am not sure what the benefits
would be. Does it contain the above xemacs dependencies?  A little more
elaboration in the Packages file would help.

Thanks, Steve Millard