Re: Missing terminfo entries?

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@megabaud.fi> writes:

> > My newly installed Debian system doesn't seem to recognize less
> > standard terminal emulations. For example, Amiga terminal emulation
> > (export TERM=amiga) is not present.
>
> You should install ncurses-term to get /usr/lib/terminfo/a/amiga

As stated in my earlier message, I do have the following packages
installed:

ncurses-base    1.9.9e-1
ncurses-bin     1.9.9e-1
ncurses-term    1.9.9e-1
ncurses3.0      1.9.9e-1
ncurses3.0-dev  1.9.9e-1

I do have "/usr/lib/terminfo/a/amiga". But it is not listed in
"/etc/terminfo/a" (here only "ansi" is present).

> You should also NOT have the TERMCAP environment variable set. (it
> should be absent) so also the TERMINFO variable should be unset, or
> pointing to /usr/lib/terminfo

Both TERMCAP and TERMINFO are unset. Setting TERMINFO to
/usr/lib/terminfo doesn't help either. So, IMHO, the Debian ncurses
package is broken.

> Also check if exist a terminfo (or .terminfo) in your home.
> I think you should not have one, unless you need to customize some
> terminfo file.

I don't have one.

--
Raymond Penners <raymondp@stack.urc.tue.nl>