Re[2]: Filename case - the simple solution ...

somebody wrote (Sorry, I don't get always the original poster address ):

     >Resolving the case problem can also be solved VeRy simply by typing
     >the one magical word... case
     >- NEXT TIME - when you do your FTP'ing don't forget to use the "case"
     >statement.

 It may not be that simple as that. There maybe other reasons for the
 uppercases in filenames. I found out that some tarred files using DOS
 PDTAR under DOS, render uppercase filenames when untarred on Unix
 systems. So the other solutions posted still apply and may be handy.

 lazaro <salem@rf.no>