Re: Anyone got a microcom working with diald?

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Mark Warburton wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been using a 14400 modem with debian for some time now using the
> diald system.  Recently, I purchased a 28800 Microcom Deskporte 28.8S to
> speed things up a bit.  Now diald will not work.  I find it dials the
> number and then refuses to talk to the computer on the other side.  I

I had the same problem (using a USR sportster modem). The fix was to change
the initialization string of the modem.  I changed things too many times
to be sure of the exact problem, but I'm now initializing with ATZ after
writing to NVRAM (AT&F1&K0&W0    sent from minicom).  diald didn't like
the string AT&F1 in the chat command line.  I don't know how similar your
modem is.