Re: apache-1.1.1

   i tried using apache_1.1.1-2 and 3 from the Incoming directory and we
   started having problems viewing gzipped postscript files with both
   netscape and mosaic. i don't know if this is a bug in the apache
   server itself or just in the debian distribution. also
   /usr/lib/apache/modules/mod_proxy.so doesn't want to load in
   apache-1.1.1-3. unfortunately i don't really have a lot of time to
   look into this (trying to graduate, i guess), so i just went back to
   1.0.5. if anybody would care to investigate this further i would
   appreciate it. thanks.

Are you sure the mod_proxy does not want to load, or is it simply unusable
because of bad permissions under /var/spool/apache (which will be fixed
once I change the scripts to make the server run under www-data.www-data).
Actually apache runs nobody, group -1, so the directory should have 777
(or 1777) permissions...

Do you have a TypesConfig line in your configuration file? If so, it
should certainly be removed or made to point to /etc/mime.types. Please
tell me.

Yves.