System hangs on SCSI reset (AHA 1522).

Problem:  The system hangs when the SCSI bus is reset.

Config:   Adaptec 1522 SCSI controller
          Two different motherboards
          Three different versions of Linux

More specifically, I cannot perform a soft reboot from Linux.  If, for
example, I run 'shutdown -r now' the system will shut down normally,
but will hang during the boot phase just after it recognizes the SCSI
controller.

I can reboot DOS to DOS, but if I am running DOS and reboot to Linux
the system hangs in the same place.

Shutting off power and then rebooting clears the problem.

Any clues or comments?

Chris -)-----

crh@nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services