Re: where's man ??

 Hi Chris,
 >Subject: where's man ??
 >Author:  debian-user@lists.debian.org at cclink
 >Date:    18.09.96 09:11
 >I just installed Debian 1.1 and I logged on as root. First thing I
 >notice, there are no editors installed. Not one. You would think this
 >would be a "required" thing...
 >another thing... 'man' doesn't seem to exist! Logged in as root, typing
 >'man man' gives "command not found" -- and it's not in /usr/bin.
 >what gives??

 - Try ae (anthony's editor). The vi clones, emacs as well as the others
 editors must be installed
 (type `dselect' or `dpkg -i your_favorite_package_name'.
 They are not in the base system that you got from the tree 1.44" base
 disks.

 - The same applies to man. You have to install the corresponding package.

 Regards,
 lazaro <salem@rf.no>