Re: llseek error & large partitions

In article <[🔎] 199609131347.JAA31938@slproute.manressa.com> you write:
>I am encountering an error formatting large partitions (2.8 gb).
>Equipment is a pentium 100, Adaptec 1542CF, DEC DSP5300.
>
>The drive partitions just fine, then when the debian install program
>tries to read past around 2.1 gb I receive a message "badblocks: Cant
>resolve symbol llseek".
>
>Also, I receive this message when past this point and writing the
>inode tables, "256/350 mkfs.ext2: Can't resolve symbol llseek"
>
>Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

The install discs have a slimmed-down version of C library on them to
allow the rest of the installation system to fit. In the process of
slimming libc, bits have been missed out: it seems like llseek() is
one of the functions that have been purged.

Please could you file a bug against the installation discs virtual package?
(I would do it myself, only I can't remember the exact name).

Austin