Re: tk-blt package released

Gordon Russell writes:
> I decided to call the package tk-blt, as there is another public domain
> package called blt which does something completely different! I did not
> make two packages for this one, as the difference between a user and a
> developer version would have been less than a KByte of disk space.

Even though you've withdrawn your package, there is one thing that
needs clarification.  The reason for providing separate run-time and
development packages is not to save disk space.  The reason is so that
multiple, possibly incompatible (at the API/ABI level), versions of a
package can be installed simultaneously.  Take a look at how this is
done in the tcl74 and tcl75 packages.

David