RE: PS/2 Mouse Driver in Debian 1.1 2.0.0

Gerd Bavendiek wrote:

>I just installed Debian 1.1 on a system with a PS/2
>Mouse. Unfortunately I'm missing
>/lib/modules/2.0.0/misc/psaux.o. There is a descriptive file in
>/usr/lib/module-help/modules/psaux. Additionally I took
>kernel-image-2.0.0-0.deb and kernel-image-2.0.6_2.0.6-0.deb. But there is
>no psaux.o in this packages - so I can't use my mouse :-(
>
>Maybe it has been asked before - but I have been away for months.
>
>Any hints ?

I had this problem some time ago, but I thought the kernel image has
been updated to include this. Did you use an old package or download a
new one? If it's old you'll have to recompile the kernel with explicit
support.

BTW, if you look in the archives, you should find _tons_ on this topic.
:-)

Casper Boden-Cummins.