Re: Is smail MIME compliant

As Mike Wood said:

>         I just had somebody tell me that *NIX mailers (They didn't specify
> which one) don't support MIME.  This person claims that the MIME messages
> he's been sending through my mail server aren't working because it's a *NIX
> host.  This I find hard to swallow.  Could somebody clear this up for me,
> DOES smail support MIME?  Thank you for your time.

To the transport agen (smail, sendmail), the contents of the e-mail message
don't matter.

It's the user agent (pine, elm, mail, xmail) that should decode the MIME
part of your message.

>                                                                 mike...

--gilbert
Gilbert Ramirez Jr.                     gram@merece.uthscsa.edu
University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System