How to migrate a Debian system to another hard drive?

Is there a simple way to migrate a Debian system to another hard drive?

On our Debian system, we have two hard drives.  The primary drive has the
root directory and swap partition and is bootable.  It also contains the
various Debian software packages, programs, libraries, etc.  The second
drive just has the /home directory tree.

Our problem is that the primary drive is starting to make some "expensive
sounding noises" and may not last much longer.  We would like simply to
migrate the entire system to the second hard drive and disconnect the
first drive.  Is there an easy way to do this without reinstalling the
entire system and fixing up all the configuration files?

Thanks,

//  Tim Egbert
//  Bioengineering Lab, Anesthesiology Department
//  University of Utah Health Sciences Center