problem with SCSI controller

  Folks,

  I am setting up a new debian 1.1  box.

  On booting:

> 	[...]
> 	Started kswap v 1.4.2.2
> 	FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306
> 	NCR53c406a: no available ports found
> 	PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2
> 	scsi: 0 hosts
> 	scsi: detected total
> 	lance.c: PCI bios is present, cheking for device

  which leads to the hard disk not being recongised. We can not proceed
  with any installation.

  From our Windows95 system setup I get:

> 	Hard Disk: FUJITSU M2934S-512
> 	Hard Disk Controllers: Intel PIIX Bus Mastering PCI IDE controller
> 			Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
> 			Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
> 			Standard IDE/ESDI HD controller
> 	SCSI controllers: PCI NCR C815 SCSI Host Adapter

  So we need a kernel that supports NCR53c815, do we? Is such a
  kernel awailable from a development version? I have seen the
  discussion in June 1996 on the list about NCR53c6x and I think
  I could use the advice  given there to change the kernel on
  the boot disk, but I do not know where to get the kernel from
  that would support the controler.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                               mailto:T.Krichel@surrey.ac.uk
                                             http://gretel.econ.surrey.ac.uk