Re: caffiene-free netscape

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, David Morris wrote:

> The browser works fine, but I can't get any java applets to work. I have
> the setting set right and used the package setup that Brian put together,
> but something still isn't working. I don't receive any errors when I aim
> at a page that I know has an applet on it, it just doesn't work. The
> applet space is blank.

A possibility is that you're not waiting long enough.  In my experience,
it looks like the page is loaded (Netscape will indicate that the document
is loaded) and there is just a blank where the applet is supposed to run,
but in reality, either the applet is still loading or it is just taking a
long time to initialize or whatever.  The delay will probably be longer if
you do not have a lot of RAM as the applets seem to use lots of memory.

Gerry