caffiene-free netscape

I have installed Netscape 3.0 (had to pull the deb package from the
incoming directory since for some reason the packages file still has the
last beta as the current version) on my debian system.

The browser works fine, but I can't get any java applets to work. I have
the setting set right and used the package setup that Brian put together,
but something still isn't working. I don't receive any errors when I aim
at a page that I know has an applet on it, it just doesn't work. The
applet space is blank.

I am wondering if there is anything else I would need to do to get java to
kick in. I am not ready to start developing applets yet, I just want to
have them work.

I have the 2.0.6 kernel installed (compiled myself).

Any ideas on where to look for settings that aren't right?

--
David Morris  bweaver@worf.netins.net
---