inconsistency/confusion in aout-svgalib of Debian 1.1

   I'm not sure this is the right place to send this bug report...

   There's an inconsistency in Debian 1.1.  When the aout-svgalib
package is installed, it puts the libary files in
/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib, but ld.so is not configured to look there for
libraries, so the aout svgalibs are unusable.

   There seem to be two simple ways to fix the problem:

   *  a one-line addition to /etc/ld.so.conf
   *  installing the libraries etc in /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout instead

   I'm not sure which way is The One True Way.

Sebastian