/dev/audio & /dev/dsp Device or resource busy ???

Hello DEBIAN user/programmers,

After kernel v2.0.0 I have been unable to produce any sound on my SB16
sound card.

Is there a known bug (up until kernel 2.0.15) in the SB16 code of USS that I
missed during my vacations?

The sparing comments in the source point to an IRQ or DMA conflict when one
gets constant "Device or Resource busy" mesages on each:

cat blabla.au > /dev/audio    or
cat uuhuu.wav > /dev/dsp

But I haven't changed anything in the configuration of my hardware, nor my
kernel parameters...

Sorry but I didn't encounter any hint's in my /var/adm/messages eighter.
The USS does not permit compilation with DEBUGING on, does it?

Thankfull for any hints or suggestions,

regards,
    Stoyan

--
Stoyan Kenderov                        /         phone: +49 721 9652 220
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH      \/          fax:   +49 721 9652 210