Re: Squid 1.0.9 available at ftp.fuller.edu

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.94.960830112637.9102F-100000@siva.taz.net.au>,
Craig Sanders  <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
>sorry, i'm a bit snowed under at work and am finding it difficult to keep
>up with my mail.
>
>when we last spoke on this subject you were going to release your interim
>version of the squid package.

Yeah, though I waited for an OK from you (I thought you wanted to have
a look at it first). Anyway I've uploaded 1.0.9 to master

>In the meantime I've made a package for 1.0.9 but havent released it
>because I can't seem to get dpkg to recognise that version 1.0.9 is newer
>than 1.0beta16.  I have it working on one of my systems, but getting it
>running was nowhere near as simple & straightforward as it should be.

That's one of the problems I have too; dselect with distribution
pointed to "stable" downgrades squid-1.0.9 to squid-1.0beta16, alas...
I don't quite understand the epoch stuff either.

>If you want to take over maintaining the package for debian, you're quite
>welcome. It seems obvious that I really don't have the time at the
>moment to give the squid package the attention it deserves. It's an

I don't really have the time either, but I think I can take it as we
use it on our site ourself and it is important for us to have the latest
(well most stable actually) squid running

>I'll mail you what I have done so far (there's probably only one thing
>that you might like to merge into your package...my postinst script now
>checks if apache is installed, and then checks whether cachemgr.cgi is in
>/var/web/cgi-bin.  if it isn't, it offers to make a sym link from
>/usr/lib/squid/cachemgr.cgi).

OK.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/