Re: Transfering system.

>         Hello, I am running a mailserver for our network on a Debain 1.1
> system.  I now need to upgrade the hard drive.  Is there a way I can do this
> quick and painless?  Perhaps down the server and intsall the new drive.
> Bring the server back up and fdisk and format the new drive, bring the
> system down to single user mode and mirror/copy(how?) the entire system onto
> the new partitions, remove the old drive, boot with a bootdisk, and re-run LILO?

	Pretty much, that's how I've done it.  The copy/mirror can be done several
ways.  the one I prefer for simplicity is 'cp -a'. Another way I've seen it done
involves tar and pipes.  The hardest part about that is that you have to make sure
it sets the permissions and users correctly on the second command.  Hope this helps.

					Mike Mattice