Re: mgetty and printing faxes

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Erik van der Meulen wrote:

> I manage to print some faxes, but the script takes ages to process. Somerhow
> I have a feeling that things could be optimized here. If anyone has done any
> experimenting in this area, I would be very interested in finding out their
> results. I use a hp4l and the magicfilter package.

After many experiments with the netpbm package, with the same bad
results you got, I finally found on sunsite a program named "g3vga"
(/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/viewers/). It includes a very quick g32ps
command: you can use it to convert your fax in a PS file, and the print it
with GhostScript (maybe directly with lpr, I don't use magicfilter).

/___
/_
/___manuele (emanuele@debian.org)