Re: Two X questions

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Miro Torrielli wrote:

> I'm have these two problems lately:
>
> 1) My Cirrus Logic GD5434 works fine in 8bpp mode, but produces
> streaks at 16bpp. Has anyone had the same problem? Is the SVGA
> XF86 server bugged, my video timings screwed, or my monitor to blame?

Don't know, sorry.

> 2) Ever since I upgraded to the latest xterm-color, I can't get a
> colorized ls. Can anyone help??

You may have also upgraded your fileutils to 3.13 which replaces color-ls.
This might help:

With the integration of color-ls directly into the fileutils
package, a few things have changed.  dircolors no longer sets
up aliases or shell scripts to colorize ls, dir, and vdir.

Here is an excerpt from a .bashrc which sets up aliases after
running dircolors:

	# set up color-ls
	eval `dircolors /home/syrus/.dir_colors`
	alias d='ls -F --color=auto'
	alias v='ls -l --color=auto'
	alias vdir='ls -l --color=auto'
	alias dir='ls -F --color=auto'

Note that color=tty has been changed to color=auto.  See the
documentation for other change information.

Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.