terminfo attributes?

Hello, I was wondering why debian's terminfo doesnt display the differnces
between char chars ^B, ^_ or combinations. For example with redhat or
slackware ^B == BOLD, which is true with debian as well. However ^_ with
redhat and slackware is == Cyan, and ^B+^_ is == bright cyan. With debian
^_ is == to BOLD, and combinations of ^B+^_ is == to normal. I was
wondering if someone could explain to me how I could make terminfo respond
to these control chars the same way as termcap does in slackware or
Redhat. Thanks.

-= Senders Name : Shane Robert Stixrud              =-
-= Company Name : CyberChoice Solutions             =-
-= Email Address: root@nebula.com, seven@nebula.com =-