Re: a4.sty and a4wide.sty

> Hi Hakan --
>
> You asked:
> > I have latex 2e-7 installed, but I can't find  a4.sty a4wide.sty, in which
> > package are they?
>
> I think the Latex-2e approach is not to use .sty files, but to use .cls
> (class) files.  Support for a4 letter paper is built into the article.cls
> file, for example, but the option a4paper.
> So, to get output formatted for a4 paper, you would invoke the article style
> this way:
>
> \documentclass[titlepage, oneside, a4paper, 11pt]{article}
> \usepackage{html}
> \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
>
> where the options "titlepage", "oneside", "11pt", etc., are all
> optional (!); I just put them there to illustrate that you can have more
> than 1 option in the [].  I also added the statements regarding
> "usepackage" as a further example of package-loading in latex-2e.

OK, this works all fine, but the there is the trouble with my old latex files,
latex still supports the us of sty files, right? I have several documents
that uese that apportch, and I felt it easyer to install the stys, than
convert all my files.

Then there is the trouble with lyx. I have just started to try it out, and it
seems like it uses the sty approch, but it might be a misconfiguration of it
to...