Re: procps 1.01a-1 problems

Hi Hakan --

You said:
> I tested to install procps 1.01a-1, but after that all I get out of ps is:
>
> ps: can't load library 'libproc.so.1.01a'
>
> The libriry I have is libproc.so.0.99, which package contains the new version
,
> and shouldn't the dependency infomation in procps have told me that?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "tested to install".  It looks like
you failed to install the version of procps which is in the unstable
(a.k.a. rex) tree, but instead have installed on your system the version
of procps which comes in the stable (a.k.a. buzz-fixed) tree.

Exactly what happened when you tried to install
    /rex/binary/base/procps_1.01a-1.deb ?

And what do you see now when you execute
    dpkg -l "procps"

Susan Kleinmann