Re: /dev/console and headless computers

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.94.960824000914.306B-100000@kite.preferred.com>,
Joey Hess  <joey@kite.preferred.com> wrote:
>> /etc/init.d/console, /etc/rc.boot/0kbd . Look at /etc/config/console and
>> /etc/config/kbd .
>
>Hmm.. I seem to be lacking an /etc/config/ directory. I'm running
>debian 1.1.6, what package have I neglected to install?

Uhm no that should be /etc/kbd/config, if you have it. For some reason the
kbd package creates its own directory for just one config file.

I think later kbd packages do not link /dev/console anymore because
that's not the job of the kbd package. If any script should do it it's
/etc/init.d/boot, and then only if my serial console patches get integrated
into the kernel (needs a rewrite first).

Mike.
--
+   Miquel van Smoorenburg   + Cistron Internet Services +  Living is a     |
|  miquels@cistron.nl (SP6)  | Independent Dutch ISP     |   horizontal     |