Re: Unsubscribing (Was: HELP!! NOW![13]!)

Doesn't anyone save that message they get when they subscribe?

Send a message to "debian-user@lists.debian.org" with the phrase
"unsubscribe debian-user" in the body of the message.  (That should do it).

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Stephen M Gordon wrote:

> i loged on for the first time in 2 weeks and i had 405 messages!!!!!!!!!!

Stop bitching.  I get about 100 messages a day - we must've been pretty
quiet.  You should really have 1,400 messages in your mailbox (probably
it filled up or you went over your quota).

> i would like to know:

Just say it once, politely, and don't have such a stupid subject.  Calm
down on the exclamation points.  Most mailers allow you to create a
filter which will automagically delete or move messages from a mailing
list (for UNIX systems, try ... uhh ... some ..proc command (listproc?)).

Barid Bel Medar                               icarus@berkshire.net
Knights of the Cosmos            Shayol Ghul Resort and Health Spa
"I  am  returning  this otherwise good typing paper to you because
someone has printed gibberish all over it and  put  your  name  at
the top." - English Professor, Ohio University