Re: does Linux support 2940 Ultra Wide SCSI?

Lawrence Chim <ychim@yallara.cs.rmit.EDU.AU> writes:

> I am considering to buy a 2940 Ultra Wide SCSI card.  Does anyone
> using it?  Does the kernel support it yet?

I just started using one with my new machine, and it appears to work
fine.  You might need to make sure you have a fairly recent kernel.

I will note that this card does not appear to cooperate well with the
older AHA-2940.  I tried using both in the machine at the same time,
and it wouldn't quite work.  It is supposed to work if you have
identical cards.

--
Rob