Re: new documentation on how to develop Debian packages available

Bruce Perens wrote:

> There is some new documentation that I think is essential for all
> prospective Debian developers to read. It's in the dpkg_1.3.6 package,

> Since this is unreleased developmental software, you might
> not want to install it.

> However, it's worth unpacking the
> package without installing it just to get the documentation.

For emacs users, my deb-view feature is just what you need to look at
doc files in a .deb file without installing _or_ unpacking the archive!

The file is about 12KB.

http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~macdonal/deb-view.el

If you can't get at it, I can email it to you.

--
...RickM...