lesstif and mp

The recent discussion of the Motif and lesstif libraries reminded me
of my desire to compile the `mp' and `mptool' programs.  The source
code is available as
	 ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/utilities/mpdist-3.3.2.tar.Z
`mp' provides pretty PostScript printing of mail messages, digests,
etc.   I prefer it to genscript or other PostScript formatters when
printing copies of e-mail.

I myself don't use mptool which is a graphical user interface for mp.
(These programs were developed by a person at Sun, hence the `tool'
suffix.)  mptool requires Motif libraries.  Has anyone tried to
compile it with the lesstif library?  If so, have you been successful?

I was considering creating a Debian package of mp and the other
command-line programs in the package.  Since I don't have any Motif
libraries I would not be able to create even a static linked version
of mptool unless it could be compiled against the lesstif libraries.

--
Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598