RE: configuring packages as a separate step

Perhaps I misunderstand the dselect installation process, but I thought
that dselect unpacks the all selected packages before running the
installation and configuration scripts. If one configuration goes badly
wrong, doesn't this leave a bundle of unpacked and unconfigured packages
lying about?

Probably confused,
Casper Boden-Cummins.