Re: module cdu31a fails on insert

>Susan:
>> I'm getting confused.  Isn't the purpose of /usr/lib/module_help/arguments
>> to document the arguments that can be given to a module when it is
>> activated?

>I don't think the cdu31a information is in there - we must have missed
>it when we created modconf. Also, not everyone uses modconf, which is the
>only thing that displays the module_help files.
>
>We don't have a person who follows the kernel and keeps an accurate list
>of module arguments. Also, Lars took on "modconf" when I had too much to
>do, but he was less than enthusiastic about it. We could use another
>volunteer to be the module mayven.

I hear you Bruce.  I most certainly do not wish to put down the fine efforts
that you and the rest of the Debian group are putting in.  Also, I consider
it quite likely that I will eventually get involved (again) in some
non-profit group or other having to do with computer software and/or the
Internet. (In fact, "been there, done that", if you will give some
consideration to some 5 years of involvement in Fidonet at many levels).
Honesty, whether I join the Linux camp or another will depend on the success
of my current efforts to bootstrap myself into this community.

For now, most of my on-line interactions are done with Eudora for Windows
(email), Free Agent (news) , WsFTP and Netscape for Windows.  Thus, as a
example of obstacle to my progression, I cannot easily grab a set of
HTMLized FAQs from the Net for local perusal because they use long
filenames.  Also, I am constrained to getting the msdos-i386 branch of the
distribution sites, even though dselect seems to be somewhat reluctant to
use these DOS filenames...  And if I start seriously considering the
purchase of a CD copy of the distribution, to give dselect the long
filenames it prefers, I have to face a non-documented module argument...

<taking on the whining voice of Gilda Radner's Roseanne Roseannadanna>

"When it's not one thing, it's another..."   ;-)))

Hey, don't let me spoil your fun.  Whenever I point out a flaw in the Debian
distribution, I do it in the spirit of providing useful feedback, and with
no malice whatsoever.  Consider it my first level of contribution to your
fine work.  Hopefully, in the fullness of time I will feel confident and
knowledgeable enough to participate in more significant ways.  In the
meantime, I'm still here, so despite my setbacks, I haven't given up....

Regards,

renald