Re: ftape format warning!!!

> There were only two sessions on my tape.  Sadly, the second session
> contained the /usr filesystem, so I lost everything :(

Whenever doing backups, _verify_ your backups, even if it doubles the time
it takes to do them.

Oh, and whenever you're going to do something dangerous, _double_ your
backups. It's _not_ funny to try to restore from the backup you verified
yesterday, only to notice that something bad happened a floppy over the
night. Don't ask why I know this.

Using modern floppies (3.5") for backups is not a good anyway, but sometimes
you can't afford a tape drive. Not that tapes don't get errors, too.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly. That applies to paranoia, too.

--
Rural sizes win <liw@iki.fi> <http://www.iki.fi/liw/>