Re: What am I doing wrong?

>Hi Tim,
>        Thanks for responding. The closing quotes is a typo. ( Sorry ). Yes
>my ISP uses dynamic IP's. The problem is the system never dials out. The

Ok, find out from your ISP if they can handle PPP. You might want to consider
PPP since by my understanding, it can negotiate a dynamic IP address with
relative ease.

I assume you are set up to the point that you can manually connect to the
net with the Linux box, and that diald is the only problem, right?

Try adding this to the end of your diald command line:

        -daemon

It will appear like it's just hung and doing nothing, but don't worry. (You've
just started a daemon but not let it go into the background).

After that, use a different virtual console and log in and telnet somewhere
that's not on the local lan. After issuing the telnet command, go back to
the original virtual console and let me know what messages it gives. I have
a feeling you might see something like

Connecting
connect: script failed
waiting 30 seconds for clear to dial

Anyhow, let me know what happens!

Tim

  I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED!

  tjobrien@traveller.com      <-- (Primary email)