Re: What am I doing wrong?

         2> Here is my diald line:
>                diald /dev/ttyS0 -m slip local 192.168.86.20 remote 10.0.2.15\
>                defaultroute modem crtscts connect "chat -f /etc/slipchat: mtu\
>                1024

I've not done this with SLIP, but I assume it's similar to PPP... Anyhow, a few
things you might check:

        1. Not to be picky, but I noticed there's no closing quotes on the
'chat' section of your diald line.. Is that supposed to be that way? May wanna
check it.
        2. Do you have a dynamic IP address at your ISP? This was the case with
my account and was causing a problem very much like yours.
        3. Can your ISP accept a PPP connection? From what I understand, if
you do have a dynamic IP address, it can be dealt with more easily from PPP,
though
it is possible with SLIP I think.

Just my 2 cents.. Hope it helps!

Tim

 < I am Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be APPROXIMATED! >
Please direct Email to: tjobrien@traveller.com