ALPHA: pe package - periodic execution

Hi!

I just rewrote my pe program and made a debian package. Here is what it's
for:

       pe is meant to be a simple replacement for cron(8) on sys­
       tems that don't run 24 hours a day. On such  systems,  you
       can't  normally specify a certain time when a job is to be
       executed. If you use pe you don't specify a time to run  a
       command but how often the command should be executed. This
       period is given in days.

       Normally, pe is started after bootup. Since  you  probably
       don't want all your jobs running at the same time directly
       after bootup (that's the time when you normally log in and
       start  your  programs) you can specify a delay in minutes.
       pe waits this long before starting your program.

       pe has its own log files the tell it, when the  jobs  were
       executed  last  time so it always knows, which jobs it has
       to run.

       Best way of using pe is to add a cron entry that starts pe
       right  after  midnight,  so in case your system is running
       for several days, the jobs still get executed on the right
       intervall.

If this is useful for others too, I want to include it in the Debian
distribution. I just tried to upload it to ftp.debian.org, but there is a
note, that uploads should go to the /home/Debian/... directory which
doesn't exist and I didn't had permissions to enter the
/pub/debian/project/Incoming directory.

So for now I had just placed it on my web space. Every one can get it via
	http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/pe_0.2-1_all.deb
and the source is
	http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/pe_0.2-1.tar.gz

Just contact me about bugs, spelling or grammar errors, or about any
future enhancements.

It would be nice if someone can give me some hints about how it can be
included in the main distrib. Yes, I read all the FAQs/HOWTOs but they
seem pretty old and I didn't find any information.

Cheers,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
           !   ___;
           \  /        PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
  \\\______/  !         http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/
  "DIE ENTE BLEIBT DRAUSSEN!"