Re: [Fwd: Virus Alert]

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, L. S. Colby wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I recently received the following email that is of interest to the
> debian community and others.
>

> L. S. Colby

I always try to pay attention to this kind o fstuff, because
I'm paranoid.  But this is a hoax.  I recieved a warning
exactly like this from someone at Sun Microsystems!  I paid
attention, but its the same hoax as in past years.  There is
a faq on this at:

http://www.usit.net/public/lesjones/goodtimes.html

The "virus" is of the sociological nature.  People keep
recycling these silly assed mails to the "nth-complexity",
cluttering up the net and striking panic into the
uninformed.

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
201-739-2886 - whippany, nj

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.