Re: SCSI and EIDE

Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com> writes:

> Now will Linux implement anything greater than RAID0?
> Would you say your performance is significantly increased with striping?

It also currently handles RAID1, and linear; higher levels have been
temporarily disabled because they are still too buggy.

I don't know about performance.  The machines certainly *seem* faster,
but I didn't do any real testing.  I would have done hdparm -t, but it
turned out it wouldn't work for md devices.

--
Rob