dselect returns error code

Hi Net,

(thanks for the help with nfs.o)

here is the next problem:

I started dselect in order to install various packages after I had the base
system running.

I reached the nfs server, selected gcc-2.7.2 amongst others, resolved the
occasional conflict, and started install...

But the first package fails already:
(again quoted by heart)

  gcc-2.7.2-8 could not be installed (depends on binutils-2.6-2 which is
  not installed)

  installation script returned error status...
  (abort|retry|ignore)

Needless to say, binutils *is* installed (at least it is selected for
installation).

When I tried it once more I got the cryptic message:

  internal error at -e line 12 <P> chunk 16

advthanksance

Heiko

PS:
I am slowly approaching the point where I expect a
"general protection violation(TM)" from Debian.
I consider this a bad sign.
Heiko Selber (Fritz-Haber-Institut Berlin)   | Vs lbh pna ernq guvf       |
http://www.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/~selber         | lbh unir jnfgrq lbhe gvzr. |
email: selber@fhi-berlin.mpg.de              | Urvxb Fryore               |
Phone:+49-30-8413-4574, Fax:+49-30-8413-4686 |____________________________|