Re: floppy set

In your email to me, Mark Eichin, you wrote:

> The way I've found to do a PCMCIA install most easily was 8 floppies:
> 	2: standard boot+root
> 	3: base.tgz 3 disk set
> 	3: pcmcia-2.3.18_2.0.7.deb, then dpkg --split kernel-image_2.0.7
>
> You can probably fit the last 3 onto 2, the pcmcia code is small and
> kernel-image is only a little bit larger than one floppy.  I could
> only find the kernel-image_2.0.7 on master.debian.org in Incoming,
> though, which implies that it should show up *somewhere* soon but may
> be hard to find in the meantime.  (You don't need special support for
> pcmcia network cards in the kernel -- the pcmcia package ships with
> the appropriate new modules (and everyone uses the 8390 anyway :-))
>
> As for compiled-in ether cards: look in the "special-kernels"
> directory with the boot disks for alternate boot disks; I don't know
> if there is documentation other than the config files there to tell
> you which one you want.

OK... what I'm trying to do is have a 2 disk set that will give me
a # prompt, and be able to see and configure just about any of the
common ethernet cards out there. This means the shared libs ( I guess)
and a bunch of other bins. I don't think this will fit onto the 2nd
floppy.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       "It is a damned poor mind indeed that can't think of at