X11 on TFT displays

Hakan,

You don't need special X servers for laptop displays. You need only
concern yourself with the chipset used to control your display (eg:
Mach, Cirrus, etc). XFree86 servers for many chipsets are available as
Debian packages from ftp://ftp.debian.org or local mirrors.

TFT stands for Thin Film Technology. You may want to visit the Linux
Laptop Home Page at http://speedy.redhat.com/llhp. This carries a wealth
of useful info about running Linux and X on laptops, with links to many
useful sites.

Casper Boden-Cummins.

I am planing to install Debian (including X11) on a portable computer
with a
so called ttf screen. And I have heard that that requiers a special
XFree86
server. My question is simply dose there excist such a server? And where
can I
in that case find it? Once again thanx for a great distrobution and your
graet
support.

 Name:      Hakan Ardo
 E-Mail:    hakan@munin.ub2.lu.se
 WWW:       HTTP://www.ub2.lu.se/~hakan/sig.html
 Interests: WWW, Programming, 3D graphics

 Thought for the day: As long as one understands, the
 spelling does not matter :-)