Re: UncorrectableError from two disk sectors

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Douglas Bates wrote:

> `dmesg' shows a lot of messages about two sectors on my disk.  For
> example
>  hda: read_intr: error=0x01 { AddrMarkNotFound }, LBAsect=1097170, sector=48787
>  hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
>
> Should this be a concern?  What action would be recommended?

I also get this.  It's lead to several system crashes.  I would recommend
you back up.  If possible, post that you are getting these messages along
with the output from dmesg to the linux-kernel mailing list
(linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu) so as to give the developers as much
information as possible to figure out where the problem is.

I have a 1.5g Maxtor hard drive.  My motherboard has the Intel Triton
chipset.  Do we have anything in common here?  I'm currently running
2.0.11 but have had this with other 2.0.x kernels as well.

Regards,

Gerry