Re: UncorrectableError from two disk sectors

From: Michael Harnois <mharnois@sbt.net>
> Oh, thank God! I'm not the only one! I thought my disk was dying!

Maybe it is. Read the man page for "e2fsck", and look for the "-c"
flag. Read the man page on "badblocks", too. That will help you retire
those bad blocks, given that they are on our usual EXT2 filesystems.
I see that "mkswap" (used to make swap partitions) has a "-c" option
as well, but I'm not clear that it actually retires the block.

If more bad blocks with different numbers pop up after that, think about
a new disk.

	Thanks

	Bruce