Re: Suck doesn't download news

On Aug 12,  8:24pm, Carl Johnson wrote:
> Subject: Suck doesn't download news
> I have been trying to get suck working and haven't had any luck.
> Everything seems to work with no complaints and no error messages, but
> it always reports that there is nothing to download. I can use the
> testhost command to download the active file, and there is a suck.newrc
> file left in the /tmp directory that shows the highest available
> entry in each newsgroup from my sucknewsrc file, so it seems to be
> communicating OK. Has anybody else had anything similar to this happen?
> I am using the package version 2.6.3-1 from the stable release.
>
> Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org
>-- End of excerpt from Carl Johnson

     Yeah, I had this happen, when I was connecting to a news server w/o the
newnews command (newnews group yymmdd hhmmss) Therefore it couldnt get a list
of news to d/l.  THis was NetManage NNS server for NT.  I moved on to a
regular innd and it worked fine.  But honestly I prefer this modified Tiny News
perl script.  Check out the Tiny-News Howto

--
= Randall Shutt              =