Re: installation boot fails with standard bootdisk on 486SX/33

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:20:06 -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:

>most cases hardware will be blamed, even though the problem appears on
>a variety of memory/CPU/motherboard/add-on configurations, and the same
>configurations can run other OSs (*including* older versions of Linux)

The external cache disable is also required on certain hardware
configurations
for installation of OS/2.  I would assume the systems where this
problem exists
under LInux are the same ones affected by the same problem under OS/2.

One thing to check, is to make sure you don't have a buggy AMI BIOS.
Make
sure your BIOS date is at least April, 1993.  If not, contact AMI, and
you can
order an upgrade for about $20 USD.