Re: Few quick questions

As Shaya Potter said:

> On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Dan Bergman wrote:
>
> > Well its been a few years since I used unix.. so
> >
> > 3. In what ini file do I put my aliases so I get em all the time when I
> > start a bash
> > shell in a xterm window?
>
> put them in both .bash_rc and .bash_profile in your home directory

You can also start xterm as a login-shell with:

xterm -ls &

As a login shell, it will read the /etc/profile and ~/.profile files.

Is this method frowned upon? I like it so I don't have to duplicate settings
in .bashrc

--gilbert

Gilbert Ramirez Jr.                     gram@merece.uthscsa.edu
University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System